Latest from the Blog
- Achievement locked.The first video game I remember seeing was Super Mario Bros. 3. It was the early nineties – maybe ’93, so the game was technically old by then. My sister and my mother played it but I just watched: I was too scared. I’d be lying if I said I remembered why, and guessing in … Continue reading Achievement locked.
- Reaching out.Sorry its been so long. I’m trying to figure out a way to be creative for cash in the shorter term – as in maybe a year turnaround time to be making some (of course not all, but maybe a quarter) of my income through those means. I know the pursuit of the arts as … Continue reading Reaching out.
- The pan has gotten dry.Finances are a big struggle. Not in getting money, mind you – I’m lucky enough to have a WFH gig that provides me a fine amount of income (at least enough to pay my bills, a $600 a semester Spanish class every four months, and some other odds and ends). It’s in the actual spending … Continue reading The pan has gotten dry.
- You get what you need.I’ve been struggling with meditation lately. I use the Headspace app, which is good, and Andy does a good job leading the exercises. I don’t know what’s driving my restlessness when I’m sitting, but it’s there throughout the entire thing. I feel better after the practice, even with the judging that is going on, and … Continue reading You get what you need.
- The commonplace problem.I’m definitely a New Years resolution type of person. I really get pumped making lists, which is fortunate considering that that is considered a very healthy outlet for anxiety and other mental ailment. I understand that that makes me a special kind of dweeb. I’m starting to feel more defiant about my nerdiness than I … Continue reading The commonplace problem.
- A clowncar named insurrection.Hey you, So, right off the bat I have to give you an apology: this post isn’t entirely just for you. As is my right as a fledgling blogger, I’m taking to the pulpit for my own catarsis as opposed to providing you content. Hopefully it still is … entertaining to you at least. But … Continue reading A clowncar named insurrection.
- The waking hours end.I’m always writing out goals for myself. Every day for the last seven months I’ve entered a minimum of three of them in my bullet journal, then I rewrite them onto a sticky note that is dated and includes a short sentence long intention for the day that sits beside my work computer as I … Continue reading The waking hours end.
- Hello, fellow stargazer.I wrote a bad version of this before, so I’m going to try again. My name is Adam Ston. Currently I’m alive in Chicago, Illinois, during what is probably going to be one of the first big pandemics of my lifetime. I have a job with an internet company that I won’t even make a … Continue reading Hello, fellow stargazer.